Monica Younan, BA Psychology, Life Coach
February 2nd, 2022
We are unsure of what day it is anymore. We have lost track of time. Every day feels the same. Maybe we do know, yet we choose to ignore. We are walking around life like a lost herd with a broken internal GPS, uncertain of where are headed, unsure of what direction to take. We are constantly in panic mode, anticipating the worse and preparing for what is coming our way next. We have been cut off from the world for some time; cut off from our friends and family. What happened to the beautiful life we once knew? Where have the smiles gone? How do they even look like anymore?
While we have been going through extremely challenging times for the past two years, it has brought us all together, united by our love but also our pain, and holding onto any bit of hope and courage we can find. It can be especially difficult to feel optimistic right now, and it is okay to feel scared and discouraged. If we can find peace knowing that we are not alone but rather together, then maybe we can go on for a little longer. While it may be frustrating to feel like we have no control over external factors, we do nevertheless have control over our own mind and its remarkable ability to influence our reality. Your mind holds great power when it comes to getting through these difficult times.
My advice to you today is to dive deep within yourselves. Take some time to reflect and connect with your inner deeper selves. Here are some things that can help:
- Start by acknowledging your feelings and giving yourself space to feel them, until they longer need to be felt.
- Practice being grateful for all that you are and all that you have, even if it does not feel like much. Count your blessings at the end of every day.
- Ground yourself and engage in some mindfulness meditation. Center yourself and be present in each moment as it comes, as difficult as it may feel.
- Connect with your loved ones. Call a friend or family member today; ask about how they are feeling and remind them that you are here.
- Find some self-compassion towards yourself. Recognize that it is okay to slow down your pace and catch your breath. Take it easy!
- Allow yourself to find some hope. Allow yourself to imagine and dream of a better life out there. At the end of the day, the power of your thoughts is strong.
- Don’t forget to laugh. Now is the time to not take yourself too seriously. Engage in activities that will light up your heart.
While there may not be more to say, I hope this letter can remind you that you are not alone. It may feel difficult to be optimistic but try to believe that things will not always be the same as they are right now. Next time you walk past a stranger, take a second and exchange a warm wave. Remember that the power of your kindness during these times is substantial. Let us reconnect to our inner values and unleash the pure love we have to offer, because we need each other more than ever this time.
Stay hopeful! You will get through it because at the end of the day, you only grow and become resilient during tough and difficult times. Take pleasure in knowing you are flourishing every day!
If you are seeking help, reach out to us today at 514-542-6888 or email@example.com